ABOUT WORLD PULSE
World Pulse is the leading global network that uses the power of digital communication to increase the voice and leadership of women worldwide, building a rising pulse of women's empowerment across the globe. Founded in 2003, World Pulse is a Portland, Oregon-based nonprofit social media enterprise with a global reach.
JOB TITLE: Office Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager of Administration
Works directly with: Manager of Administration, Accounting Manager and World Pulse Team
The Office Coordinator ensures smooth office operations, from supply ordering and answering phones to basic IT and maintenance scheduling, and supports the Manager of Administration, Accounting Manager and team in meeting planning, staff travel logistics, board material coordination, data entry, filing and basic bookkeeping.
Candidates should be passionate about World Pulse’s mission, possess an outgoing and encouraging nature, have strong skills in organizing, be solid in supporting team members and coordinating volunteers, have excellent communication and writing skills, and enjoy engagement with grassroots women leaders on our Online Community.
Candidates should be passionate about World Pulse’s mission, possess an outgoing and encouraging nature, enjoy organizing and directing volunteers, have excellent communication and writing skills, and thrive on empowering others to actualize and vocalize their visions for a better world. Preference will be given to candidates who are fluent in French or Spanish.
This is a part time (20 hours per week) position and is subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law and the policies of the organization. This is a non-exempt position. Salary is dependent on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
OPERATIONS AND ACCOUNTING SUPPORT
- (Lead) Present a professional, welcoming first contact to all vendors, funders, board members, staff, media, etc – by phone, in person, and via e-mail (including info@, programs – customer service). Ensure communications are directed to the appropriate staff member or stakeholder.
- (Lead) Maintain office equipment and stock office supplies.
- (Lead) Open and distribute mail to appropriate team members, ensuring confidentiality of communications and support staff with mailing needs.
- (Support) office space, maintain efficient office system and facilitate communication with landlord and vendors on maintenance and repair.
- (Support) Accounting Manager with basic bookkeeping and data entry: accounts payable, posting donations, and entering credit card charges.
- (Support) Accounting Manager with payroll prep from time sheets and serve as back up for payroll processing.
- (Lead) Log incoming checks into a Check Log and supply Development with photocopies.
- (Lead) Maintain Petty Cash fund, reconcile quarterly and turn in reconciliation to Accounting Manager.
- (Support) Accounting Manager with monthly reconciliations or projects, and with annual projects such as 1099s and archiving fiscal files.
- (Support) team with various ad hock projects.
- (Support) Organizational and board meeting materials preparation, distribution and archiving; and logistics, ie catering, securing meetings spaces, if needed, and communicating travel options.
- (Support) Staff in travel logistics for program, development and conference travel: book tickets, hotels, car rentals, etc. Reconcile and ensure expense reports are turned into accounting.
- (Support) Database Management: partners, new contacts related to operations and cross teams into CRM.
• Be active on World Pulse Online Community
• Participate in weekly team meetings
• Actively note take and contribute in strategic planning sessions
• Adhere to and understand role in safety and security guidelines
• Actively manage, prioritize and share out status of tasks
- As a global organization, team members must be available occasionally to conduct work outside of PST office hours with prior notice
- Actively contribute to a positive working environment that fosters honesty, professionalism, creativity, caring and celebration.
SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS, AND ATTRIBUTES
The key attributes for this position include:
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent work experience (2 years minimum administrative experience) required
- Tech savvy and confident using and navigating online services and software, and office IT. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (excel). Knowledge of Quickbooks and Raiser’s Edge is beneficial.
- Very organized and flexible with strong attention to detail and deadlines, with an ability to prioritize and balance detail with the bigger picture
- High level of professionalism and responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours as needed
- Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross-functional teams
- Ability to be personable, humorous, humble, bold and encouraging in an online community
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to World Pulse Mission
- Non-profit work experience
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Raiser’s Edge
- Familiarity with online communication services
- Foreign language
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. E-mail pdfs of resume and cover letter addressing attributes listed in job description and salary requirements. Applications without all of these items attached in the format requested will not be considered. Please e-mail application to email@example.com with Office Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until February 14, 2016.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
World Pulse is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, medical condition or conditions, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions (ARC). Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise of special needs at the time of hire.