When women are heard and connected, we have the power to transform the world. And on World Pulse, we see the power of women’s voices every day.
In our annual Community Impact Survey, we asked you to show us how you used the power of your voice over the past year on World Pulse and beyond. We heard from members from 57 countries, and we are amazed by the impact you have created in your communities and for the world in the last year alone!
- You told us that your involvement with World Pulse has helped you create impact in your community—collectively, you reported impacting 5 million lives in the past year!
- You also told us that you’re creating real change on the ground. One out of 3 respondents reported that World Pulse helped them change behaviors in their local community.
- Finally, you told us you’re rising up and becoming even more of a leader. 36% of respondents reported taking on a leadership role, 34% reported training or educating others, and 30% started or led a community campaign or program!
Through this, and so much more, World Pulse is honored to be with you along the way.
Whether you started a program in your own community, organized a political campaign, or spoke out via radio, the numbers are clear: As a community, your impact is spreading and we're on the way to creating the world we want to see.
We know, though, that before change can happen on the ground, it must first start within you. You told us that the most important change that occurred because of your involvement with World Pulse was what you yourself gained in confidence and belief in yourself.
These numbers are amazing! But what we love the most is hearing in your own words the impact that being a part of World Pulse has had on you.
- "I started a women-led industry where disposable sanitary pads are made using locally sourced material such as banana stem fibers. This has changed the lives of women and girls in many communities as they can now afford and access sanitary pads. Women are also empowered economically through job creation in the industry." —Marie Claire-Kuja, US/Cameroon
- "I was able to process my healing, to forgive my ‘abusers,’ to close that traumatic chapter in my life, to identify the triggers of my depression, and to look into life with a positive outlook . . . Being in World pulse made me realize that my journey matters, that I have a space to be here and to be heard . . . Maybe my impact is not yet in the community as a whole, but I am starting the self-love and healing with myself then to my family members and friends." —Karen Quiñones-Axalan, the Philippines
- "I have become a mentor and a coach to so many adolescents in my community, despite the war. The greatest thing that has happened to me is the fact that I was recognized as a Featured Storyteller on World Pulse and my publication helped me gain admission to a master’s degree program. This has helped me escape the war and I’m in safety now." —Tumanjong Miranda, Cameroon
From all of us at World Pulse, we are so grateful to everyone who put in the time and effort to share your thoughts and experiences in our most recent survey. It’s thanks to all of you that World Pulse is accelerating the pace towards global equality. Together, we are creating a space where women’s voices can rise up to transform the world!
With love and gratitude,
Jensine and the World Pulse team
PS: Do you have a story of impact? We’d love to hear it. Share about it on World Pulse!