- What happens after I submit my story?
- How can I be sure my story will be considered by World Pulse editors?
- Can I become a Featured Storyteller more than once?
- What stories receive a $100 honorarium?
- What are the criteria for choosing stories for the Stories page?
- How do I add multimedia to my story?
- Do I have to be a woman to participate?
- How can I stay safe online?
- I have a question about Story Awards. Who should I contact?
What happens after I submit my story?
As soon as you publish your post, your story will appear publicly on World Pulse’s website as part of our online community. Your story may inspire comments, recommends, and opportunities to connect with changemakers from all over the world!
Meanwhile, our editors are reviewing story submissions daily to select contributions for publication on theStoriespage, our social media channels, and/or our media partners' sites.
Stories are published by World Pulse editors in two ways:
- As a highlighted rising voice on the Storiespage. These stories appear in the “More from Our Global Community” section. If your story is chosen to be highlighted here, you will receive an email notification informing you of this news, and you will see a link to your story appear on the Storiespage. World Pulse editors may add a new headline and description for your story, but your original post will not be changed.
- As a Featured Storyteller, published on the “Featured Storytellers” section of the Stories page. If your story is chosen to be published here, a World Pulse editor will contact you to help you prepare your story for publication. Editors may request revisions before publishing your story. You can expect 2-4 weeks between the time you submit your post and the time it is published. As a Featured Storyteller, you will receive a special badge on your World Pulse profile, and a $100 US honorarium after publication.
How can I be sure my story will be considered by World Pulse editors?
Make sure to submit directly to the call for stories you are responding to! Every “Call for Stories” is listed on the Story Awards page. These are the only stories that World Pulse editors are currently reviewing for Story Awards. As long as your story is submitted to one of these calls for stories, World Pulse editors will consider it for Story Awards!
Can I become a Featured Storyteller more than once?
Yes! We welcome ongoing contributions, even from those who have been published before.
What stories receive a $100 honorarium?
Featured Storytellers who have been published on the "Featured Storytellers" section of theStoriespagewill receive a $100 US honorarium, a special badge on their World Pulse profile, and the opportunity to work with editors directly to polish their stories.
We recognize that there are many important stories from across our global community that deserve a prominent place on our website. Stories highlighted in the “More from Our Global Community” section on the Storiespage have increased visibility on WorldPulse.com but do not receive a $100 US honorarium or special badge.
What are the criteria for choosing stories for the Story Awards page?
World Pulse editors look to publish stories that follow our Editorial Guidelines. Additionally, we look to achieve diversity, including regional diversity, among the stories we publish each week.
How do I add multimedia to my story?
Images: To include a large main image in your story, upload a cover photo. Do you have more than one great image to share? Upload them to the image gallery. Please only upload images you have the rights to use. Refer to our Terms of Service for details.
Video and audio: You can embed video and audio files by first uploading them to YouTube, Vimeo, or SoundCloud. Then copy the URL for the video or audio file in the part of the post submission form that says Multimedia.
Do I have to be a woman to participate?
No! We welcome submissions from people across the entire gender spectrum. We love hearing from everyone who is affected by gender inequality and is a part of the solution.
How can I stay safe online?
Your safety and security are very important to us. Please refer to our Staying Safe Onlineguide for information and resources to help you take steps to protect your safety without compromising your bold voice.
I have a question about Story Awards. Who should I contact?
For questions about the Story Awards program not covered here, email email@example.com.