At World Pulse, we know that every voice matters. So when members from 71 countries worldwide raised your voices in our Community Survey, we listened. And we were amazed by what we heard.
- You told us that World Pulse is a space where many of you have been able to recognize the power of your own voice: Nearly 80% of you said you feel more confident since joining World Pulse.
- You shared that World Pulse helps you connect—to information and each other. 87% of you say that joining World Pulse helped you expand your knowledge of the world, and 74% of you feel it’s helped you improve your relationships with friends, family, or your community.
- Finally, you told us that World Pulse is a resource for you to improve your use of digital tools: Nearly 70% of you said you’d improved your digital access or skills since joining World Pulse.
Through this, and so much more, World Pulse is honored to be with you along the way.
Whether you started a program in your own community, organized a political campaign, or spoke out via radio, the numbers are clear:Your impact is spreading.
But even more than the numbers, it’s your own words that truly speak volumes:
- "No longer victim. I am unfolding my own myth; with world pulse digital empowerment, incredible change has happened in my life. Now I know who I am, what I want, and what I am capable of." —World Pulse Member,Saudi Arabia
- "World Pulse fosters the dream I have for indigenous peoples—that they become world changers—empowered, educated and champions of culture preservation. Through the use of the World Pulse platform, I am given the chance to raise awareness about indigenous peoples' issues and concerns, amplifying their voices to be heard." —World Pulse Member, Thailand
- "My article on World Pulse ended up being viewed by 310,000 people, and shared by more than 30,000 people. This did wonders to raise awareness for the women I serve!" —World Pulse Member, United States
- "World Pulse has made me believe in myself that, Yes I can.I am able to achieve and that yes my voice matter and with my voice change is possible." —World Pulse Member, Ethiopia
And these are just a few of so many of the incredible stories you shared of your success. We read every single comment, and we were in absolute awe of your accomplishments, your kind encouragement, and the amazing change that you are spreading in every corner of the globe.
It’s not always easy, though.
- Many of you shared the difficulties you face finding access to computers, and a reliable internet connection. World Pulse, and so many of our members, are strong advocates for expanding internet infrastructure and affordability worldwide, but we know that change is slower than it should be. Until then, we need to make it as easy as possible for you to use whatever internet connection or device you do have access to. We’re designing every new feature on WorldPulse.com for phones first so that you can access the full World Pulse experience no matter where you are.
- Some of you shared that, as non-English speakers, the language barrier was a real struggle. In response, we’ve made the automated Google Translate feature easier to access on every device so you can get a quick translation of anything you find on World Pulse. Scroll up to the top of your page and you’ll see the Google Translate icon there right now!
- Finally, your answers demonstrated just how much incredible impact you all are having. But we know there is even more happening than we ever get the chance to see. That’s why we’re increasing our efforts to find a way to better help you make and track your own impact so the world can SEE, without a doubt, that thiscommunity is a powerful force for change!
We are truly grateful for the time, effort and thought that you each put in as you shared your experiences, and we hope you’ll keep sharing with us how we can make World Pulse better for you. We'll be sending out another survey soon!
Thank you for helping us continue to build a better, stronger World Pulse to serve you and women worldwide to grow into an even greater connected force for positive change!
Jensine & the World Pulse team