Over the last four months, you shared your #SheTransformsTech stories and projects to World Pulse, creating an uproar we never could have imagined!
Between March and June, women from the World Pulse community and beyond came together to change the future of technology.
During the first phase of the campaign, you:
Spoke out: We received more than 130 stories from nearly 30 countries addressing the transformative power of technology to bring about a more gender equal world. Our global survey garnered hundreds of responses in three languages! We’re compiling the results to share your recommendations with the UN, tech companies, and global policymakers in early 2021.
Trained others in digital skills: The World Pulse Digital Ambassadors hosted events to train women and girls on how to use technology to use their voice and grow their leadership. World Pulse and the community also shared resources with each other, including those sourced from a network of women's rights and technology partners.
Inspired with your projects: From creating apps to support survivors of domestic violence to fighting cybercrime and training youth on how to use digital tools, more than 50 rising grassroots leaders shared how they are using tech for good. World Pulse will announce the next cohort of Featured Changemakers in September 2020.
Gained the support of dozens of global partners: Over the course of the campaign, 26 partners joined #SheTransformsTech! These groups—including Equals, the WikiMedia Foundation, Take Back the Tech, Dial, and Oxfam—are committed to creating a new tech agenda for gender equity and will help amplify your voices and recommendations to advocacy forums.
What’s next for #SheTransformsTech?
While phase one of the #SheTransformsTech digital campaign has officially ended, the impact of the campaign is just getting started! Here's what's coming up:
- A special, final report: We’re poring over your stories and hard at work analyzing the results of the survey. With the help of our global partners, we’ll be sharing your stories and recommendations with the UN and policymakers in early 2021!
- New Featured Storytellers: A global team of editors will be selecting Featured Storytellers over the coming months, both for publication online and in the final report. These stories will be channeled to partners to increase awareness of the transformative power of technology.
- A new cohort of Featured Changemakers: Right now, Featured Changemaker applicants are joining together and forming a new cohort of leaders leveraging tech for good. They’ll receive international visibility, mentor support, training, and early access to the survey results this Fall.
- A webinar event: In early 2021, we’ll host a special webinar event to share the results of the project and highlight standout leaders and voices.
- And much more: We’re continuously seeking opportunities to amplify your voices and leadership and will update you along the way.
Stay tuned to the World Pulse blog—and your email—to hear how your voices are making an impact. And remember, while campaign submissions officially closed in June, World Pulse is always open! You can continue to share stories, connect, and organize around technology initiatives via the Technology Hub.